COMPANY - INSURANCE TRAINING PARTNERSHIP (ITP).
GDPR - GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS.
RESPONSIBLE PERSON - MARTYN WATSON - mw.insurancetraining @yahoo.co.uk
1. Who we are:
• When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means ITP (Insurance Training Partnership).
• When we say “you” and “your” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal data we may collect, including:
- Anyone arranging, seeking or undertaking a training session/sessions/programme from us or who is acting on behalf of a client or individual who requires training or tuition.
- Anyone who may benefit directly from training, tuition or guidance.
2. How we use personal data:
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Insurance Training Partnership (ITP) is the data controller.
We use personal data in the following ways:
- to arrange a training session or sessions or training programme.
- to administer a training session or sessions or programme.
- to manage our business and research to meet the legitimate needs of our business.
- to inform you of future training courses, tuition and material.
- to help us make relevant suggestions to you about further study.
- to provide you and/or your employer if requested with a detailed record of the training and learning undertaken with us.
- to improve our training, tuition and material.
We may use your personal data for other similar purposes, including marketing and communication, but that will only occur, if we have your consent, or where, as a current or previous user of our services, we rely on a legitimate interest justification for doing so. By visiting our website or accepting our emails or booking training or tuition or guidance, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
You are not obliged to provide us with personal data, but we cannot provide details of our services without it. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information about our services you can tell us at any time by emailing the Responsible Person, details of which are given as part of the Contact Information found at the beginning of this Data Protection Notice.
3 What type of personal data do we collect?
Wherever we collect or use personal data, we will make sure we do this for a valid legal reason.
• We collect the following types of personal data so we can complete the activities in section 2, "How we use personal data"
- This information includes details such as your name, address and contact details and any other information that we collect about you in connection with the training or tuition, from which you benefit.
- This may include your employment details, plus evidence of any qualifications, where eligibility for participating in training or tuition is dependent on such qualifications.
- In order to make reasonable adjustments to help, we may also have to seek accessibility requirements.
- Where payment is required for training and/or tuition, then financial details such as direct debit or payment card information may be required.
- identification checks and photographs to help us to identify those attending a training session/sessions or training programme or online tuition.
- business activities if it is relevant to your training/tuition.
4. Where we collect personal data
· From you, your representatives or from information you have made public, for example on social media.
· From other persons or organisations, for example:
- Organisations who are arranging training, tuition or guidance on your behalf.
- Your employers.
5. Sharing personal data
• We may share personal data with:
- Individuals within the organisation who arrange training, tuition or guidance with us, on your behalf. Those individuals may be your immediate supervisor, your line manager, the group manager, or staff responsible for training and development within the organisation.
· We may share personal data
6. How long we keep personal data
We keep information only for as long as we need it to administer and/or complete the training session or sessions, or training programme, respond to your requests, manage our business or as required by law or contract.
The emails that we send you contain a clearly identified process to unsubscribe and upon receipt of your request to unsubscribe, your personal data will be deleted.
7. Looking after your personal data
• We use servers located in the EU to store your personal data where it is protected by EU laws, or the UK equivalent.
No personal data will be transferred outside the EU.
8. Your rights
You have the right to:
- ask for a copy of the personal data we hold about you, subject to certain exemptions (data subject access request).
- ask us to update or correct your personal data to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification).
- object to us using your personal data. We will either agree to stop using it or explain why we are unable to stop (the right to object).
- ask us to delete your personal data from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten).
- ask us, at any time, to stop using your personal data, if using it is based only on your consent (the right to withdraw your consent).
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal data in certain circumstances (the right of restriction).
- ask for a copy of the personal data you provided to us, so you can use it for your own purposes (the right to data portability).
- complain if you feel your personal data has been mishandled. Please approach us in the first instance but you are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk
If you would like to make a request to see what personal data we hold, you may make a request to our Responsible Person, using the email details above.
You have the right to object to us using your personal data. You may do this at any time by telling us and we will consider your request. We will either stop using your personal data or explain why we are not able to do so.
9. Information on our website
We make every effort to ensure that the information on this site is accurate and complete. However, some of the information may be supplied to us by third parties and we are not able to check the accuracy or completeness of that information.
No liability is accepted for any inaccuracy or omission in any of the information on our website. Additionally, we cannot accept any liability in respect of information on our website that is supplied by you, any other person or any other site user.
10. Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you access such links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any responsibility or control over that other website or websites.
Consequently, we cannot accept responsibility for the privacy and protection of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. Such sites are not governed by this Data Protection Notice.
Should you have any reservations regarding the websites that you visit, then we suggest you read the privacy statement applicable to the website in question and exercise caution.
11. Interruptions to service
The internet is a network of networks and at times can be unstable. We try to maintain the continuity of this website and that its standard remains high. However, there may be interruptions of service, delays, omissions and errors at any time.
We do not accept any liability as a result of such interruptions of service, delays, omissions or errors. Additionally, there is no ongoing obligation or responsibility to operate this website, or any part thereof, or to provide the services offered on this website.
12. Use of our website
This website may only be used for lawful purposes. No attempt must be made to alter, delete or access information, where you do not have authorised access. Additionally, no attempt should be made to overload the system, or take any action or use any device, routine or software to delay, damage or otherwise interfere with the operation of this site.
No attempt should be made to compromise the security of this website or any information available through it.
14. Controlling your personal data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal data. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal data for marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by email to the email address given at the beginning of this Data Protection Notice.
We will not sell, lease or distribute your personal data to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that the personal data we hold on you is incomplete or incorrect, then contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any personal data that is found to be incorrect.
15. Choice of law & Jurisdiction
The use of this website and any agreements entered into through this website are to be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. The courts of England are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Copyright © 2021 Insurance Training Partnership - All Rights Reserved.